Participants in this session will receive answers to the following questions, plus a toolkit for achieving FLSA compliance and assuring your agency budget and employee morale don’t suffer:
1. Is my organization covered under the overtime law? (enterprise coverage)
2. If not, are individual employees covered? (individual coverage)
3. Assuming some employees are covered, earn less than $47,764, and work over 40 hours per week, what are our options? Should we reclassify some employees? Shift duties or work hours among employees? Raise salaries or modify salary structure? What factors should I consider in examining these options?
4. What exactly is compensable work time under the FLSA?
5. How can we as an organization work more efficiently? Should we re-examine our email and smart phone protocols and 24/7 work culture? If so, how can we do this to maximize compliance, morale and work quality?
6. How can we maintain workplace flexibility for nonexempt employees? Can we still use comp time?
7. How can we lead our organization through this transition with transparency, trust, and accountability?