You are here

What are the state charitable registration requirements?

Most nonprofits engaged in fundraising activities in Colorado, must register with the Colorado Secretary of State before conducting activities. 

If you are an organization from out of state, you must file both as a foreign entity and charitable organization.

Failing to comply with the Charitable Solicitations Act can result in fines, missed grant and donation opportunities, and more. 

Make sure your organization remains in compliance by reading the National Council of Nonprofits' publication. 

Read Charitable Solicitations Compliance

Topics of Interest: 
Fund DevelopmentGovernance


These articles, samples, and resources are offered for informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional advice. If used, your organization should tailor samples to best fit the organization’s specific circumstances. We encourage your organization to seek appropriate professional assistance as needed.

View All FAQs