To promote healthy relationships free from violence through education, advocacy, empowerment, and safehousing.
ASP's programs vary depending upon the needs of each individual seeking services. The different programs available are the following:
• 24-hour Help Line - crisis intervention client education, supportive counseling, advocacy, and information/referrals offered in both English and Spanish staffed by an incredible group of volunteer advocates, who undergo extensive training.
• Safehouse Program - emergency shelter for survivors in danger with crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals for up to ten plus weeks.
• Community Outreach Program – crisis intervention, client education, safety planning, individual and group counseling, advocacy, case management, and information/referrals for non-residential clients.
• Counseling Options Program - individual counseling and two support groups providing ongoing, long term, support for residential and non-residential clients (one in English and one in Spanish).
• Latina Outreach Program - all of the above services to the Latina community.
• Community Education Program - opportunities to inform and educate members of the community on the development of healthy relationships to prevent domestic and sexual violence.
• Volunteer Advocate Program – community members are recruited and trained (30+ hours of training) to become volunteer advocates for ASP's 24-hour Help Line.