Who are we?
Founded in 1986, the mission of Project PAVE is to empower youth to end the cycle of relationship violence. The cycle of relationship violence is generational and affects people in every community. PAVE’s approach to ending this cycle is through therapy and family support services, violence prevention education, and youth leadership. Project PAVE annually reaches more than 4,000 children, teens, parents, teachers and other professionals with its counseling and violence prevention programming in Denver-metro area schools and other community outlets. All Project PAVE services are youth-focused and offered for free to the community.
What you’ll do:
If you’re interested in kick starting your career in Human Resources and/or just getting a closer look of how our non-profit organization approaches HR, this is the role for you! As our Human Resources Intern, you will directly assist with a wide range of projects related to HR compliance, recruiting, onboarding/orientation, and employee payroll and benefits. You will be given opportunities to network with our program, finance, and development staff and gain an overall better understanding of the role Human Resources plays in a non-profit. Some of the tasks you will be integrally involved in are:
- Recruiting and hiring processes, including: posting job openings, employment offers, and forms.
- Editing and revamping our HR policies and procedures and employee handbook – including research relating but not limited to employment law and compliance.
- Updating and organizing employee files, position descriptions, and electronic file system; review retention requirements.
What makes you a great candidate for this role?
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources, or non-profit management/administrative fields;
- Positive and enthusiastic problem solver;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience with G Suite is preferred but not required;
- Maximum 10-15 hours per week Monday – Friday with flexibility;
- Desire to work as part of team, collaborating with our staff and related professionals, sharing your strengths and learning from colleagues;
- Complete a background check and sign a confidentiality agreement.