The Women Veteran’s Advocate is responsible for assessing eligibility, conducting intakes, coordinating services and providing case management for homeless female veterans residing at four locations. Conducts educational training and other activities for enrolled veterans where gaps in these services exist. Provides resources and information to enrolled veterans regarding employment assistance, mental health, drug and alcohol rehabilitation services and housing resources.
1. Coordinates services that lead to housing for homeless women veterans.
2. Works closely with VA to determine eligibility, benefits, services and other support services for each participant.
3. Works with participants to plan and design activities that result in growth and development and to assist in exiting homelessness.
4. Develops life skills programs, which involves the recruitment of individuals to teach such topics as obtaining and maintaining employment, living independently, emotional coping strategies and negotiating systems.
5. Creates and implements regular and relevant activities and projects for program participants, such as employment group, spending/savings plans, and health education.
6. Locates volunteer and community service opportunities for program participants.
7. Responsible for communicating program information to interested individuals and participants in a timely manner.
8. Acts as a community liaison for Volunteers of America, maintaining cooperative working relations throughout the community.
9. Collects pertinent statistics and prepares reports as required by funding source.
10. Where indicated assists Project Manger with monthly billing forms to VA and DHS. Tracks monthly, quarterly and annual statistics and demographics.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
2. One year direct experience with homeless population, including a working understanding of mental health issues and treatment modalities.
3. Individuals with veteran status and/or veteran experience preferred.
4. Own automobile, Colorado-mandated automobile insurance and good driving record required.
Type: Full Time
Salary: $18.77 per hour
Work Schedule: Wednesday-Sunday, 8:00 -4:30 PM