|Select for total||$ 50.00|
Anti-Oppressive Strategy In Nonprofits
We will focus on the think of diversity, equity, and inclusion through an anti- oppression lens, and strategies to begin connecting and implementing anti-oppressive strategy to organizational practices and external programming. This training will also train participants on the nonprofit industrial complex and how oppressive systems manifest in the nonprofit world specifically, as well as potential antidotes/solutions.
Each training will begin with a discussion or reflection question, followed by a PowerPoint presentation from Regan Byrd on anti-oppression concepts, intermixed with several group discussion break-out sessions. The goal of these trainings is to equip attendees with core language and concepts that can be used for additional intraoffice discussion and strategic planning around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Participants will have a historical perspective on race as a social construct and the emergence of white supremacy.
- Participants will have a deeper understanding of the foundational role racism played in U.S. development.
- Participants will have a broad understanding of how oppression operates within society and be able to name examples.
- Participants will have examples and a framework for understanding racism and anti-black racism in the U.S.
- Participants will be able to articulate a model for allyship and common pitfalls of allyship.
- Participants will be able to envision how to bridge theory and practice in organizational operations.
- Participants will have a broad understanding of the non-profit industrial complex and solutions.
*Each session of the series is inidivudally priced*
- $25.00 for members of Colorado Nonprofit Association (must be logged in for discount on Regular price)
- $50.00 for non-members