Deborah retired in 2020 from Employers Council where she spent over 30 years. Deborah began working at the Council in 1988. She was promoted to Director of the Management Development Department in 1996, the Outsourced Consulting Services Department in 2002, and as Membership Development Director in 2004. She was named Vice President in 2005 and Executive Vice President in 2014.
While at the Council, Deborah focused on employee development, organizational effectiveness, strategic planning and governance. She delivered over hundreds of trainings on supervision, leadership and communication to member companies. Deborah has also consulted with organizations on aligning their vision, leadership, staff and operational practices to create better business and operational results.
Deborah was an affiliate professor at Metropolitan State University of Denver for 16 years. She taught classes on Human Resource Management and Nonprofit Administration.
Before coming to the Council, Deborah worked in public policy on legislative analysis and assisted state legislatures on drafting new statues. She also worked on development and design of training for state and federal agencies as well as for judicial organizations.
Mindful of the Winston Churchill quote “You make a living by what you get but you make a life by what you give” Deborah was supported by Employers Council in community activities. Some of her past and current volunteer work includes:
- Colorado Children’s Chorale - Past member, Board of Directors
- Seniors Resource Center, Inc. - Past member, Board of Directors and Chair
- Colorado Nonprofit Association – Past member, Board of Directors – Governance Chair
- Denver Metro Chamber Foundation - Past member, Board of Directors
- Denver Office of Strategic Partnerships – Past commission Chair
- New America Schools –Board of Directors – Immediate Past Chair
- Leadership Denver (Member, Class of 1997; Program Chair, Class of 2003)
- Global Dental Relief- Board of Directors - Vice Chair
- Rotary Club of Lower Downtown - Past President
- Metro Volunteers (now Spark the Change) - Past Chair of the Board of Directors
- Impact 100 Metro Denver- Board of Directors
Deborah grew up and graduated from High School in Los Angeles. She moved to Colorado to attend the University of Colorado where she received a BA and MA. Being a proud Human Resources professional, she carries the SPHR designation.
In retirement, Deborah is involved with nonprofit boards, served as an Engaged Fellow and is a mentor to an incredibly smart East High School Angel.