Welcome to Cottonwood Community Alternatives, Inc.
At Cottonwood, our motto is “People Serving People.” Cottonwood Community Alternatives, Inc. is a private, non-profit agency established to provide a broad spectrum of services to Colorado citizens with developmental and intellectual disabilities.
Your Career Starts Here
Being a Direct Support Professional is more than just helping someone with their daily activities, it is assisting someone to live a meaningful life. Direct care is a valuable career that not only changes the lives of the individuals you support, but also changes your life too!
Join Cottonwood for OPEN INTERVIEWS on February 24th from 10a-3p. Cottonwood is located at 3255 S. Acoma Street, Englewood, CO 80110. Once you arrive please check in with the Front Desk. Hiring Managers will be available to interview on the spot. You are encouraged to bring your resume, current certifications such as CPR/First Aid, and dress professionally.
For an expedited interview, please RSVP to one of the interview days by responding to this ad.
Cottonwood has FULL and PART TIME Direct Support Professional positions available in Denver, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, and Grand Lake.
- Day Program – Monday – Thursday – 8a – 5p
- 2 ½ Day Shifts – Friday 6a – Sunday 2p & Monday 2p-Wednesday 10p
- In-Home Caregiver – Hours Flexible
- LEAD Positions- Monday- Friday 8a-5p
- Overnight Shifts
- Weekend Shifts
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with adults with developmental & intellectual preferred.
- Mature & dependable individual; minimum age of 21.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must meet background and reference requirements.
- Reliable Vehicle with Proof of Auto Insurance.
- Clean Driving Record. We will ask you to supply your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). No suspensions & less than three tickets in three years.
- Computer/smart phone skills sufficient to complete required documentation.
- Provide direct care and supervision to a people with intellectual and developmental disabilities or in the community and in personal home.
- Assist individuals in completing living skills, money management, crafts, and community participation, hygiene routine, household cleaning, and meal preparation.
- Plan and carry out a variety of recreational activities to advance social development (museums, parks, dances, recreation center, etc.).
- Provide transportation to individuals as needed.
- Assist with medical care / hygiene care as needed (medication administration, toileting, etc.).
- Implement and document individual goals and medical tracking electronically.